Subject: problems compiling libSIM windows version...
From: Cardascia Lorenzo <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:33:26 +0200

Hi All,
I'm new at this mailingList.

I'd like to do a MIB compiler by using libSIM, then I think to 
do it by parsing a SMIv1/SMIv2 MIB to have an intermediate file 
(MOSY STYLE)  that it's easier to process than MIB module.
I think to use the intermediate file so generated to build some 
C++ classes for my software...
Is it possible to do it using libsmi-0.2.5.tar.gz in Windows NT 
enviroments with VC++6.0 ?

Is there an example source code that I can analyze to know how
I can write my code ?

I read README.win file to compile libSIM but I didn't success,
then I constructed a new project in VC++ with your makefile.
I successed to compile some files (win.c, data.c, check.c, 
error.c, util.c, smi.c and parser-smi.tab) but I had the error 
shown below on scanner-smi.c file.

Can Anyone help me to tell what is the problem ?
How can I solve my problem to compile libSMI ?

Any feedback will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance
Lorenzo

--------------------Configuration: winproject - Win32
Debug--------------------
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
 cl -IC:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\include -Z7 -Od -c -W3
-DCRTAPI1=_cdecl -DCRTAPI2=_cdecl -nologo -D_X86_=1 -D_WINNT
-D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 -D_WIN32_IE=0x0300 -DWINVER=0x0400 -I.\..\..\lib
-I.\..\..\win -IC:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT
 VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\include   -Fo.\..\ .\..\..\lib\scanner-smi.c
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type
'FILES\MICROSOFT', object file assumed
Command line warning D4027 : source file 'FILES\MICROSOFT' ignored
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type 'VISUAL', object
file assumed
Command line warning D4027 : source file 'VISUAL' ignored
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type
'STUDIO\VC98\include', object file assumed
Command line warning D4027 : source file 'STUDIO\VC98\include' ignored
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type
'FILES\MICROSOFT', object file assumed
Command line warning D4027 : source file 'FILES\MICROSOFT' ignored
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type 'VISUAL', object
file assumed
Command line warning D4027 : source file 'VISUAL' ignored
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type
'STUDIO\VC98\include', object file assumed
Command line warning D4027 : source file 'STUDIO\VC98\include' ignored
scanner-smi.c
scanner-smi.l(125) : error C2065: 'lvalp' : undeclared identifier
scanner-smi.l(125) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(125) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(130) : error C2065: 'parser' : undeclared identifier
scanner-smi.l(138) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(138) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(148) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(148) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(170) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(170) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(238) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(238) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(243) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(243) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(248) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(248) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(253) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(253) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(258) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(258) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(263) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(263) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(268) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(268) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(273) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(273) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(278) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(278) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(283) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(283) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(288) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(288) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(293) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(293) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(298) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(298) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(303) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(303) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(308) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(308) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(313) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(313) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(318) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(318) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(323) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(323) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(328) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(328) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(333) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(333) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(338) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(338) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(343) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(343) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(348) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(348) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(353) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(353) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(358) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(358) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(363) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(363) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(368) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(368) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(373) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(373) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(378) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(378) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(383) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(383) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(388) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(388) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(393) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(393) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(398) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(398) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(403) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(403) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(408) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(408) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(413) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(413) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(418) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(418) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(423) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(423) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(428) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(428) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(433) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(433) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(438) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(438) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(443) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(443) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(448) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(448) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(453) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(453) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(458) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(458) : error C2224: left of '.id' must have struct/union type
scanner-smi.l(463) : error C2100: illegal indirection
scanner-smi.l(463) : fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping
compilation
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
Error executing nmake.

winproject.exe - 103 error(s), 12 warning(s)